Rapido Wishlist

ThaneofFife

The APT was the same as some clearly knew long before the launch. Just my opinion. - Igor.

Actually most of the people who sounded like they knew we were doing the APT-E were just guessing.  Those of us who did indeed know what we were making were asking each other "Did you tell this guy?  He certainly sounds like he knows what we are doing." 

In most cases we realized they didn't actually know - they had just made a rather well-educated guess.

Usually the guys who do know what is planned keep their mouths shut and just enjoy the speculation.  Speaking of which.... Trans-Pennine DMU?  You mean everyone wants us to make a 185?   :tomato:

-Jason

Actually most of the people who sounded like they knew we were doing the APT-E were just guessing.  Those of us who did indeed know what we were making were asking each other "Did you tell this guy?  He certainly sounds like he knows what we are doing." 

In most cases we realized they didn't actually know - they had just made a rather well-educated guess.

Usually the guys who do know what is planned keep their mouths shut and just enjoy the speculation.  Speaking of which.... Trans-Pennine DMU?  You mean everyone wants us to make a 185?   :tomato:

-Jason

I have to say I had guessed based on the clues and breadcrumbs dropped around the place, was quite pleased I guessed right :)

Just to stop all this silliness before it goes any further. I don't know anything about Rapido's plans. Bearing in mind his love of gas turbines, I suggested a project to Jason and he told me it was a nice idea but  he already had a couple of follow-ups to the APT-E in mind. That's all there is to it. I didn't dangle any carrots nor did I boast that I know and no one else does. I simply pointed out that in the circumstances of Jason's reply to my suggestion there's clearly no point in wish listing.

CHRIS LEIGH

I am not asking but I am guessing at one of the following, 3 gas turbines and 1 Diesel

GT3

Prototype HST

Any of those I would buy, but going by past work of Rapido, im pretty sure its a loco with a rake they tend to do (althought I am open to correction)

Any of those I would buy, but going by past work of Rapido, im pretty sure its a loco with a rake they tend to do (althought I am open to correction)

Rapido has done 2 complete trains in the past - the TurboTrain and the Canadian - with the Confederation Train announced (but not a new model per say, it uses existing models Rapido has).

On the other hand they have done 2 diesel locomotives - GMD-1, FP9A/F9B - with 2 more on the way - LRC, FPA-4/FPB-4 - and the FL9 announced. 

They have done 14 passenger cars, plus released cars from the Canadian separately.

Additionally, there are 2 freight cars, a caboose, and a steam generator.

So individual items easily outnumber the complete trains.

Rapido has done 2 complete trains in the past - the TurboTrain and the Canadian - with the Confederation Train announced (but not a new model per say, it uses existing models Rapido has).

On the other hand they have done 2 diesel locomotives - GMD-1, FP9A/F9B - with 2 more on the way - LRC, FPA-4/FPB-4 - and the FL9 announced. 

They have done 14 passenger cars, plus released cars from the Canadian separately.

Additionally, there are 2 freight cars, a caboose, and a steam generator.

So individual items easily outnumber the complete trains.

Oh apologies I miss read the website then (dosent help that I dont know Canadian outline stock etc)

There was a nice nod to Jason Shron and Rapido Trains in the editorial of the October Model Railroader featuring the 2014 NMRA Convention in Cleveland. I'll try to remember to find the quote.

EDIT:

... and others like Jarrett Haedrich at Atlas and Jason Shron at Rapido Trains, are leading the incoming generation of model railroaders. 

All of them look at our hobby through fresh sets of eyes, something we graybeards (look at my photo) cannot always do.

Neil Besougloff - Editor Model Railroader.

• 3 months later...

While I am loath to add anything to this thread, it is obvious that Jason has read it therefore my suggestion would be;

An RS-13/RS-23.

I'd love probably four of these with all the bells and whistles, NO smoke though, thanks!

Guess if it ever happened I'd have to become a Canadian outline modeller!

Cheers,

John E.

Well here's my little wish list for Rapido

1- I wish them the best with the APT-E

2- I wish what ever they do as a second release is a surprise to us all

3- I wish they get nothing but constructive feed back and people give them a chance

• 3 months later...

I know this thread is mainly for UK suggestions but I would like to see some of the Tempo's done. They can be done in CN / VIA / DRGW Ski Train / Agawa Canyon liveries.

Surely such a coach is a must need for any VIA modeller!

I know this thread is mainly for UK suggestions but I would like to see some of the Tempo's done. They can be done in CN / VIA / DRGW Ski Train / Agawa Canyon liveries.

Surely such a coach is a must need for any VIA modeller!

Jason is aware of them, he needs them for his own layout.

However, at least in the past he wasn't very optimistic about them every being done, though things could change in the future.

The problem is that they are not a must for a VIA modeller because they didn't stay around for every long, and they only saw service in the corridor. They also have the misfortune of being built after the most popular modelling period currently (though that will change with time).

Archived