Traintronics TT300

Try a search for 'TT300', you'll find plenty of topics and experience. I've used them on a small H0 layout and when they work, they work well. However I did have one failure out of the ten I used and others have reported occasional examples of ones that needed to be returned because the switching did not work.

Nick

One chap on here has had 4 failures out of 12 Cobolts and another reported 10 out of 40, so the TT300 sounds very good in that respect.

I have 14, I have only used 9 so far on a previous layout with no reported problems so far.

Andy

• RMweb Gold

what is the size of these compared to cobalt ?

They are bigger, but it depends whether you have a space problem under the boards or not.  I don't have a problem, although as with any point motor, you need to make sure you can fit the motor once the track is laid. Some minor adjustments were made to my track plan to ensure baseboard framing didn't get in the way.

Also, both Tortoise and Cobalt (though not the digital version I believe) can be turned through 180 degrees if necessary, plus there are ways of mounting them with extension cables.

See dimensions here - http://www.circuitron.com/index_files/Tortoise.htm

• 3 weeks later...

Archived