Cambrian Kits GWR P22 Herring ballast wagon.

bubbles2

If anyone fancies modifying these wagons into something a little different:

http://www.archive-images.co.uk/gallery/Archive-Art-Images-of-the-Ebbw-Vale-CISCo/image/53/Ebbw_Vale_CISC_EV_Wharf_20t_Hoppers_Newport_Corporation_Electric_Works

I have 2 on order from Cambrian, they look fairly straight forward to modify...

Paul A. 

Never mind about lack of interest in my comment...I'm 90% of the way there to two Ebbw Vale Iron Ore Hoppers from the P22 kit

Paul A. 

post-5089-0-36009300-1423846168_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

A couple of photos of a normal Herring - completed but for white handrails and weathering (plus load). Its not visible but I managed to get some lead sheet across the wagon behind the buffer beams so it should run empty. One more to build plus 4 more on order. Definitely not a "shake the box" kit to quote our Americam cousins but a nice  result. I meant to photo the completed model next to an enormous Dogfish but that will have to wait until tomorrow - these really are quite small...post-1107-0-63392800-1427748496_thumb.jpgpost-1107-0-32683800-1427748638_thumb.jpg

Chris

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Well it didn't take too long for someone to see an opportunity. 

1603150254_Screenshot2019-04-09at13_28_20.png.abb6fa42b111d8541632ffc3d9cf226e.png

I currently have four .....I'd like more, but there is no way on earth I'm paying that for them!

• Agree 1

They're my kits. I bought them for conversion to Ebbw Vale hoppers as per earlier in the thread.  Frankly, I thought, while there is £1 final selling fees I would see if anyone wants them at this price (and why not? They're mine to do with as I please) and I could put the funds towards commissioning some LMS ore hopper kits. 

If they don't sell they'll go back in the cupboard for conversion. 

Paul A. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1