Denton Brook 7mm Industrial

Giles

• 2 weeks later...

I've been experimenting for a long time with nettles - which has not proved as easy as it may sound. I suspect these may be as good as I can do . These are all 'large' ones, with other sizes to be added, of course.....

although they are fundamentally laser-cut, each plant is two 'profiles' glued together at the stem, slightly off-set, and then each leaf twisted flat and rotated 45 degrees (in opposition.

IMG_0702_zpsciuu3eis.jpg

• Like 12

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

At some stage (probably not before Railex) I hope we might have a Bedford TK artic (radio controlled - if I can squeeze it all in) to play with. That'll be fun - but I need to sort the layout proper, first!

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

At some stage (probably not before Railex) I hope we might have a Bedford TK artic (radio controlled - if I can squeeze it all in) to play with. That'll be fun - but I need to sort the layout proper, first!

Maybe for Uckfield?

I've been getting so little done in recent months because I've had a major job on, inventing and designing s suite of 'disappearing' auditorium seats for the RSC in Stratford. Some of these are used when the need to put Production Desks into the auditorium, but most are needed for wheelchair positions - I.e. Seating that can appear or disappear according as to whether it is needed as flat floor to accommodate a wheelchair, or conventional seats.... The problem is that normally this takes significant time and man-power to remove or fit seats, so a better way was needed.

These rubbish videos are of pre-production prototypes. Both units are sunk into the floor, with seats that rise automatically. The first one by swinging up from horizontal to vertical (assisted by rather powerful gas-struts) and the second using electrically powered elevator, containing a pair of seats, sunk into the floor.

Normally, developing these would take the thick end of two years, but we've had four months to do these.

Edited by Giles
  • Like 4

IT is when it finally does what it says on the packet....... But I'm self-employed, and people expect 100% results on things that have often never been done before - and that is immensely stressful. They also want to pay pea-nuts for it..... (How hard can it be?).

The real satisfaction is stuff I have devised is in theatres all over the place, but no-one really notices it...

• Like 1

The stylus was cut and bored out to make a tool-holder, and new stylus nibs were made

9E5B5ED9-9B12-4EF7-BA55-9BEE1F1ED360_zps

And these are the frames in the video (with no extra work) for an 0-14 Decauville

8BDA04A8-1B2A-4D36-A16B-9FAE053C37BB_zps

Edited by Giles
  • Like 7

The next victim....... A Bedford TK. A thing I found horrible to drive when I was young - purely because I was too rall for the cab, and had to drive with my head tilted to one side and against the cab roof. Going over bumps was extremely painful, and bad for the neck.....

However, they were ubiquitous.......

B0CBAEAD-3051-4A62-BADD-D890BBBAEC02_zps

• Like 3

The next victim....... A Bedford TK. A thing I found horrible to drive when I was young - purely because I was too rall for the cab, and had to drive with my head tilted to one side and against the cab roof. Going over bumps was extremely painful, and bad for the neck.....

However, they were ubiquitous.......

Hales Cakes (local to me from Clevedon) now that's going back a few years

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Well well well, I always say that wherever you go, you will meet someone else from Clevedon! I lived there nearly all my life. Funnily enough I help out with a collection of military and classic vehicles, in the restoration queue we have a rather forlorn Bedford TK flatbed.

http://shoplandcollection.com/civilian-vehicles/89-civilian/233-bedford-tk

Well well well, I always say that wherever you go, you will meet someone else from Clevedon! I lived there nearly all my life. Funnily enough I help out with a collection of military and classic vehicles, in the restoration queue we have a rather forlorn Bedford TK flatbed.

http://shoplandcollection.com/civilian-vehicles/89-civilian/233-bedford-tk

..... That'll polish out....

I'm afraid it won't stay as Hales Cakes.... It's destined to have a flat bed trailer, which can be put to work. I may or may not cannibalise the chassis of the existing trailer for the new one - we'll see!