Oil Loading/Unloading Depot

Joe 90

Hi

I am in the process of building a new N Gauge layout which contains an oil terminal. Unfortunately I can't seem to find any information on the unloading gantries for the rail tankers so that I can scratchbuild them as there doesn't seem to be any kits out there.

Has anyone got any photos or any info on them.

Cheers

The unloading kit is all on the floor - pipes for discharging individual wagons feed into a larger pipe which leads to the storage tanks. The top frame contains lighting, and what appears to be a fire fighting system. What none of my pictures show well is around the edge is a larger diameter pipe (about a foot or so) painted red, and fitted with water/foam jets similar to what you'd see on a fire fighting boat or a crowd control water cannon. You can just make out the red pipe in this link http://joalder.fotop.../p59150856.html

Hope this shot of Westerleigh helps

post-6899-12659965091647_thumb.jpg

I've got an oil terminal to model myself for the club layout, so have done a bit of basic research when I've been at Westerleigh

HTH

jo

• RMweb Gold

Joe,

Quite an old photo of the sidings at Walkeringham, on the GN and GE Joint line between Doncaster and Gainsborough, 1969.

post-5613-12660010321877_thumb.jpg

Government oil sidings, Walkeringham April 69

David

A big thankyou to everyone for your inputs.

There are some interesting variations worthy of more research on my part but it seems the easier option would be to model the Westerleigh design as the other designs could get a bit complicated for the likes of me.

Archived