Articles and Reviews

Andy Y

You will now find a new tab on the Navigation Menu at the top of the site 'Articles & Reviews'.

We're working on bringing content out of the BRM archives to produce more reference material for you; eventually I'll catch up with selected product reviews until they're more recent. I've started with a selection of layouts that have featured in the mag which belong to RMweb users where I've been fortunate enough to take the photos and there should be enough in there to keep you entertained for a while.

This is a very welcome addition to the forum from me, especially the layout articles.  With so much new content on RMweb now, it can be difficult to keep up with all the developments in threads, hence on many threads there are always a few people dropping by who say "I can't believe this is the first time I've seen this thread".  The layout articles are an excellent summary with some great photography of some inspirational model railways. 

And it's the first time I've seen the Prestatyn layout . . . !

• RMweb Gold

Many thanks for reprinting the Highbury pics Andy. I remember at the time we were all a little disappointed with the mess the printers made of the pictures in the mag being far too dark and not doing justice to your superb shots. This was a shame as you caught some superb angles, I was thrilled with the originals - and with the ones now online.

The shot of 88 climbing the bank with a freight is one of my all time favourites of the layout.

Jerry

• RMweb Gold

You will now find a new tab on the Navigation Menu at the top of the site 'Articles & Reviews'.

We're working on bringing content out of the BRM archives to produce more reference material for you; eventually I'll catch up with selected product reviews until they're more recent. I've started with a selection of layouts that have featured in the mag which belong to RMweb users where I've been fortunate enough to take the photos and there should be enough in there to keep you entertained for a while.

These are really good bit like a "free" magazine.

... otherwise known as "Modelling Inspiration".

Talking of which, I might have to get on with building some models - finish some kits (or "bashes") - or build the "One Day" puzzle layout.

That's right - one day, this stuff might actually get built (yes, right) - the puzzle being which day?

All I can really say about this is: "don't hold your breath" ... .

Huw.

Archived