Bachmann SECR chassis - sold separately?

Morning all -

I'm looking to build an LYR Aspinall Class 27, from the Shapeways printed kit - it requires a Bachmann SECR Wainwright chassis to run.

Any idea who might sell these as a separate item? A Google search has turned up no answers!

Cheers - BPK

Bachmann haven't made chassis available as spares for sales since the very early days. However, if you contact them, they might have a spare chassis from a model that's been returned with body or tender damage. I have had a couple of diesel chassis from them for a very reasonable price.

Try a wanted ad on here. Someone will have put a scale chassis under one.

Ed

Thanks Ed - that may be a solution. BPK

Bachmann haven't made chassis available as spares for sales since the very early days. However, if you contact them, they might have a spare chassis from a model that's been returned with body or tender damage. I have had a couple of diesel chassis from them for a very reasonable price.

I might try that first - thanks, mate.

Alternative option suggestion: the C has the same 8'+8'6" wheelbase and within a scale inch for wheel diameter as a 3F, so unless the motor height is absolutely critical, that might be another to look for. Probably be a little more fettling getting this mechanism in, if the body was designed very closely around the C mechanism.

Archived