Fallen in love with a Crocodile :)

Very nice Mike. I love the back scene :yes:  

Can anyone tell me which of the ROCO crocodiles are DCC ready ?

I'm finding it very hard to work out the various models ?

Think both of these have sockets as I recall.

• RMweb Gold

I saw a few of these on a visit to Switzerland in the sixties..........they are fascinating things. I always wanted a model but it unfortunately does not fit into my ex-LMS late 50's model of which the expenditure is closely monitored by SWMBO!! :nono:

Rgds...Mike

Edited by ikks
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Thanks, would be great but does not look like £82 would get me far :(

• 1 month later...

Love the Crocodiles, and you have really captured the scene well in your video.

The Swiss Crocodiles certainly have a wonderful aire of sophistication and flash gordon period moderne about them, the DRG Krokodils tend look powerful, The Austrian ones looked like antiques even when new (maybe the rivets?) though slightly newer than the Swiss ones, and of course at the same time as the Swiss Crocodiles were made GE shipped these Crocodiles to the Milwaukee (with a 1-B-D-D-B-1 wheel arrangement...)

post-16141-0-25586900-1492151955_thumb.jpg

Which I still don't think the Lionel version was that bad considering the period....

post-16141-0-12907000-1492152019_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 years later...
On 25/05/2015 at 11:51, PaulRhB said:

That's a Swiss SBB Ce6/8 and available from Trix or Roco in HO. There is a brown version too. I used to have one each of the Roco ones and they were superb models in detail and running plus cheaper than the Trix / Marklin ones. N gauge ones are around too.

Arcadia, Winco, Gaugemaster amongst others and of course eBay.

You wouldn't by any chance know how to remove the centre section of the body? The instructions just give a couple of arrows, which seem to imply that you stick something in the side and lever out, but I'm not sure if that is correct and, in any case, doesn't seem to work. It's necessary to remove the centre section to fit a decoder.

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Steve Williams said:

You wouldn't by any chance know how to remove the centre section of the body? The instructions just give a couple of arrows, which seem to imply that you stick something in the side and lever out, but I'm not sure if that is correct and, in any case, doesn't seem to work. It's necessary to remove the centre section to fit a decoder.

Sorry Steve I never tried so didn’t look into it.