Corgi Guy Vixen - new cab?

mikeharvey22

I bought the Corgi Guy Vixen dropside thinking it was a rehash of the old Trackside removals lorry. Seems that this is a special commission for Howdens Joinery ( mine 15941 of 70000!)and continues the series of Howdens models which have used Lledo Days Gone castings like the Fordson 7V and the Morris Z van.

So I was a bit surprised to find that this is an entirely new and well detailed cab on a very basic chassis with a basic dropside body integral with the cab, all to a much larger scale.

I do not have any dimensions for the real cab, but the model is 33mm over mudwings, and 27.9mm over the cab body. I have found an online photo of a chassis cab with the same registration mark.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C447339

Below are a couple of photos to show the size comparison with the Trackside Guy removals lorry.

guy_110.jpg

guy_210.jpg

I can supply more photos if anyone wants them.

I bought the Corgi Guy Vixen dropside thinking it was a rehash of the old Trackside removals lorry. Seems that this is a special commission for Howdens Joinery ( mine 15941 of 70000!)and continues the series of Howdens models which have used Lledo Days Gone castings like the Fordson 7V and the Morris Z van.

So I was a bit surprised to find that this is an entirely new and well detailed cab on a very basic chassis with a basic dropside body integral with the cab, all to a much larger scale.

I do not have any dimensions for the real cab, but the model is 33mm over mudwings, and 27.9mm over the cab body. I have found an online photo of a chassis cab with the same registration mark.

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C447339

Below are a couple of photos to show the size comparison with the Trackside Guy removals lorry.

guy_110.jpg

guy_210.jpg

I can supply more photos if anyone wants them.

Looks too big for 1/76 as maximum width back then was 7'6"  =  30mm. The removal van is 1/76 though.

Archived