RMweb

Static Grass

Ooo!  Greenscene and Jarvis are the two brands I avoid like the plague because of their improbably vivid, cartoonish colours.  Noch is good (but at their prices, so it damned well ought to be!) while Woodland Scenics isn't bad and more readily available.

Everyone who has used it states emphatically that Polak grass is the best you can get, but it's very difficult to source and I as I haven't yet done that all I can do is pass on the comments of others.

I've tried several brands, and as mentioned by others the key to success is the colour. Some brands have very garish colours, sometimes mixing green with yellow and red, looks terrible!

I've had good results with Silflor/Mininatur grasses, they have some natural looking colours.

post-7898-0-94090900-1434357345_thumb.jpg

Mal

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Silflor/Mininatur grasses in various lengths for me too although I avoid their spring / summer shades and use a mix of their autumn & winter shades for summer scenes which helps to tone things down. I usually put the static grass on top of a layer of Woodland scenics mid green coarse turf to give some colour depth. The coarse turf is also good for the grazed areas in meadows.

Photo, courtesy of Andy Y

post-7649-0-07714800-1434364911.jpg

Edited by nickwood
  • Like 6

Hi Guys, just like to say we are the Static Grass Manufacturers Based in Wales. We have the largest range of static grass in the UK from 1mm, 2mm, 4mm, 6mm, 10mm, 12mm, and 20mm grass. Also have Basing Glues, Static Grass Layering Sprays, Foliage Scatters Flower Scatter and Clump Foliage. Our Pro Grass Applicator is one of the best sellers of this year so far and has received multiple reviews from Magazines. We also have Step By Step Videos to help you or you could always give us a ring and we be happy to guide you. All products are made by us in the UK, we are a young company and will appreciate your ongoing support. Thank you  Martyn 01792 864 250 

• Like 1

I dont know if this is Normal Protocol but here is a discount code for anyone who wants to us it. Its a 10% off any of WWS Products use code RM0607 at checkout for the saving. you can then see how good our grass is. plus if you need any help or advise, give me a ring Martyn 01792 864250 I would be more than happy to help guys. 

I love the stuff sad I know but if the welsh can make grass theres something wrong  :mosking:

Sadly, I've always walked straight passed the WWS stand at shows (having had a quick look) simply because the grass IS blended. I really, really want to buy the straight colours, and want to mix the colours and lengths myself.

Now if WWS started a range of plain colours......

• Like 1

Sadly, I've always walked straight passed the WWS stand at shows (having had a quick look) simply because the grass IS blended. I really, really want to buy the straight colours, and want to mix the colours and lengths myself.

Now if WWS started a range of plain colours......

Ah now that is something we can do and as it happens are going to do, We just thought we would try and make it easier for you guys. But you just give us the Demand 

Edited by WWS Scenery Manufacturer
  • Like 1

I dont know if this is Normal Protocol but here is a discount code for anyone who wants to us it. Its a 10% off any of WWS Products use code RM0607 at checkout for the saving. you can then see how good our grass is. plus if you need any help or advise, give me a ring Martyn 01792 864250 I would be more than happy to help guys. 

I love the stuff sad I know but if the welsh can make grass theres something wrong  :mosking:

Tiz the green green grass of home boyo ! LOL

• Like 1

Sorry it was Thank you very Much your so kind  :yes:

That's ok, used to work with a Welsh guy and picked up a few phrases so I got the gist of it. :)