Error 413: Request Entity Too Large

Dear RMWeb Tech team, 

I use RMWeb on my iPhone with Safari and on a Windows 7 PC with Chrome. I don't get this problem on the iPhone. I tend to keep my account logged in, and after a few weeks I'll randomly get an error 413 when trying to get onto the website: as soon as I type in the url and hit enter the error comes up. I always have to clear my cookies and then it appears straight away no problem. 

It's a first world problem really, but just thought I'd let the powers that be know. 

Otherwise keep up the good work. It is appreciated! 

• RMweb Gold

This error is caused when your computer sends too much information to RMweb all in one go.

That could be because you are uploading a very large photo, or because a cookie file has got very large -- the banner advertising script on RMweb seems to be the main cause of that. More about this in these topics:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/93504-entity-too-large/

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/99379-entity-too-large-error-has-returned-again/

Martin.

It never appears when I'm uploading or anything. It always appears when I'm first trying to gain access to the home page. It seems to come at random, usually after a few weeks of being logged on. I can't remember the last time I posted a photo on here! 

• 7 months later...

The problems behind it are part of a planned programme of extensive works which will take a few weeks, the first stage of which didn't take place as planned today and has had to be held over to Friday now.

Are the site staff aware that this issue is spreading?

I got the "Entity Too Large" message from the downstairs toilet this morning as is sprayed gravy coloured water all over the floor.

Boris seems to be having trouble "logging off" nothing new there then ! :)

Archived