The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Connecting words game

andyram

Ootlander.....fine piece of historical drama....so convincing....especially the heaving bosoms...and that's just the blokes in skirts. I thought Clay More was particularly convincing...not as good as his dad Kenneth though.

• RMweb Premium

Heavily into Dr Finlay’s Casebook back in the 60sa. Loved Andrew Cruickshank as Dr Cameron. Can only vaguely remember it now, though scenes of Finlay going across the fields on foot to a patient come to mind.

Edited by southern42

• RMweb Premium

Talking of the good ole days, there was also Dr Kildare and, before that, Emergency - 10 Ward with Glyn Owen, son of a Welsh railway guard, and John Alderton. Any ideas I may have had of joining the medical profession soon wore off!

• RMweb Premium

Re cutting phalanges.  I cut my own thumb recently and patched it up quite nicely, thank you. Saved me having to go to A&E, anyway. After thought - I did get my junior First Aid certificate, and I was First Aid monitor at Primary School. Bet they don't have any of them anymore!

• RMweb Premium

You learn as you get injured, my good friend.  Having had a nail grow with a plaster stuck to it with the bit on the finger holding the nail back, I now make sure the pad covers the nail as well as the injury and/or cut back the sticky bit.  It worked last time, anyway!

Yikes!  All this first aid stuff.  I feel ill at he thought.   Got to remain calm for when I make dinner.   I am the chef in our house.  My wife hasn't cooked a meal in nine years.  She is a good cook though I must add.    Sweet & Sour Chicken tonight.  A fruit surprise to follow.

Well well....I thought it would be porridge for starters...porridge for mains.......and....fruit porridge surprise for dessert....the surprise being no fruit but extra salt.

Mind you that's a bit more tasty than the thought of first aid.....Do you like beans on toast?...That's my signature dish...unfortunately I'm dyslexic so you might end up with someone else's signature.

Back to painting a wagon....ooohhhh.....came over all Lee Marvin like then.

• RMweb Premium

Now then, porridge is my preferred breakfast cereal and I am rather partial to oaty fruit bars, too. I don't know about painting wagons, but I have some home-made decals to put on a VW bus but I keep going out in the garden with all this good weather which tends to put it off. 

Flipping wagon is driving me round the bend!....now it isn't running square.....might chuck it in the bin and get hammered on vino instead. Much better way of spending a saturday night....Whoopee....Beck is on BBC4 tonight......decent bit of Scandi misery to round off the  day.

• RMweb Premium

Empathise there.  My cakebox track has a the gradient but I forgot to check the the cant on the bends before the glue dried, so my gravity train of wagons stops before it reaches the level bit!

Edited by southern42

• RMweb Premium

Experiencing seagulls, here, frightening off our garden birds.  They have suddenly taken a fancy to village life in the countryside.  Have they been watching these nest house building tv programmes, I wonder, and getting some grand designs of their own?

Edited by southern42
Looks like predictive text is up to its old tricks!