LokSound V4

RhBBob

I have previously 'blown' a LokSound V4 so was expecting the worst when the new decoder gave up on producing sounds.   It had worked fine for some months.

Traction was fine and lights worked okay; the problem seemed to be the speaker which would not work unless I depressed the baffles slightly.

I fitted a spare V4 speaker and all is well again.  Just 'wear and tear' or what ?  My locos are 1/45th scale so there is plenty of room inside the body.

Just 'wear and tear' or what ? 

This sounds more like the speaker has exceeded it's power rating or been used for longer hours than originally intended. Also a possibility is corrosion if the loco has been stored in cold and/or damp conditions.

Thanks. The rolling stock has always been stored in-house in adapted suitcases. Previously little used except at two or three exhibitions each year.  

Maybe a lack of use is to blame or maybe just more frequent usage now that I have a home layout. Certainly the speakers are those included with the LokSound V4.

I had a 'spare' ESU speaker because one supplier firmly told me that the V4 did not include a speaker  :no:  :jester:

Archived