servo controller

DAVE1562

Yeah,

My new best friend, dead easy to set up, just read the instructions!

And the great thing is they only need one connection to the DCC bus...

So, great in a remote situation.

Bit tricky to adjust if the servo is in an awkward spot under the layout, so I used a 1m servo extension lead, and had the IMP unit in my hand to do the adjustments, then when all the settings done, return the unit close to the servo, and revert back to the standard lead.

Oh, and they've just added a new feature, semaphore arm bounce!

And also, as a de-bug from me, made them compatible with RailCom.

Simples!

Alan.

And also,

I Forgot this, the second lead is for attachment to an extension board, (a bit like ESU SwitchPilot Extension, but a lot cheaper at £4.00) which allows for switching of say, frog juicing or signal lights.

I am using the IMP for driving some uncoupling ramps, where I use a flashing LED to indicate when in the up position, and the developer advised me yesterday, that I can use the 2nd lead to drive the LED, the circuitry is already there for this purpose.

So, for example, if like me, you like ground signals or just home-made lights to indicate which route is set on a turnout, it can all be done with the IMP.

Usual disclaimer, no connection, just like the product...

(It helps when the developer is a near neighbour)

Regards,

Alan.

PS, Dave, if you're a Northern Soul fan, does that mean you are originally from Wigan?

Hi bigal10......i am originally from nuneaton(midlands) so travelled to all local nighters, still love the music :danced: ...... thanks for the info, just a question.... does the accessory relay also have to be connected to the track power for frog switching or is it powered via the imp through it, been reading about them on the site(not clear)

Hi Dave,

I haven't got the Accessory Relay (yet!), but the instructions for it reads that it is powered from the IMP, so no additional power needed.

The lead from the IMP for the Accessory Relay has four wires, one is 5v permanently live, and the other 3 are, Common, left light, right light, and the innards have resistors built in so you can run LEDs straight from it!

The developer tells me that it works on the ''break before make" principle, so that one light goes out before the other comes on, OR, one frog UNJUICES BEFORE THE OTHER ONE JUICES, so there are no trip-outs. Neat, huh?

Make that, LED anode (short leg) to common, and cathode (longer leg) to either left or right, NOT to 5v !

Hope that's clear, I'm no electronics whizz, having blown a few LEDs in the past, but I'm getting the hang of things, albeit slowly!

I have an amber flasher for my uncoupler ramp on one port.

Regards,

Alan.

Oops, sorry,

Told you I was carp at electrickery

LOL......spencers and oxford bags (you can still get them now!)..worn with a good slippery pair of loafers or brogues(shoes)... I seem to remember I only had 6 buttons on waist, others went ott!... typically 70s.. those were the days :mosking:  

Archived