Hymek D7076 on the Glos & Warks...

Rugd1022

Some smudges of D7076 during its short stay in the Cotswolds last weekend.... what a fantastic piece of kit it is...!

attachicon.gifG&W D7076 #1.jpg

attachicon.gifG&W D7076 #2.jpg

attachicon.gifG&W D7076 #3.jpg

attachicon.gifG&W D7076 #4.jpg

attachicon.gifG&W D7076 #5.jpg

;)

Nice pics of a great little machine, I last saw it at the WSR a few years ago when I believe it was running with one of D1041's engines adapted to fit while its MD870 was under repair.

One of my fathers favourite classes, he reckoned they were a fair substitute for most type 4 turns if needed, and usually a lot less bother than the Warships.

Attended with No.3 son and, having never travelled behind a Hymek before, was very impressed with the noise and the clag! First visit to the railway as well and the Saturday was a perfect introduction with stunning countryside and weather.

Great photos Nidge!

If you think a Hymek sounds good with just six or seven on, you need to experience one with eleven or twelve tacked on behind....! Sadly the last time that happened was probably late '74-ish. The last handful lasted another three months into March '75, mostly pottering around on trips and parcels jobs from Old Oak and Padd. I've looked high and low but haven't yet found a shot of one on a passenger service after December '74!

Archived