Zimo Decoder

MickD

Dear MickD,

If you need more info (like the full manual for the decoder), you will need to identify the type of ZIMO decoder. This would need a good photo of the decoder, which involves taking the loco apart. If you can post a photo somewhere, I can identify it or find someone who can.

A read-out of CV 8 would confirm it is ZIMO, the value should be 145. CV 7 and CV 65 define the version and sub-version of the software, which would be good to know. If it is a very old software version, you might want to get it upgraded, depending on if you want to use features added later via software. There is lots of documentation on the ZIMO website, but I will stop here and wait to see if you do need more and then I can point you to the right documentation.

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

Thanks for the offer john,I know the decoder is MX64(I can just make it out on the rear, Its very hard to see). I have re-set with CV8. & it runs like a dream on the default settings

by the way it came in a Heljan 47.

Anyway thanks very much for the offer,

Regards,

MickD.

Dear MickD,

The latest English Manual (43 pages in pdf format) is here. The various updates to the decoder software are described here. For the MX64, the latest software version seems to be 34. You would need a MXDECUP device or the MX31ZL controller, to be able to update the software so I would not worry about this, unless you have need something like RailCom and you do not have right software version (v28 and later).

Archived