RIB sets

bluedepot

Hi everyone

What kind of diesel loco was used to pull or push a 3 car RIB set?

Cheers

Tim

BB66xxx and BB67xxx (I forget which sub-series). If you think these things are uncomfortable for the passenger, you should travel in the cab; they have screw couplings between loco and train, and, if the RIB cab is leading, you get a kick up the a**e from the train every time you power up. I went from Le Havre to Rouen in one, having gone down from Paris in the cab of one of the double-deck mainline push-pull rakes, which was reasonably comfortable.

• RMweb Gold

I think that 67300 the most usual. Indeed I am not sure if 67400 are push-pull equipped.

66400 is, I think, the only sub-series suitable. Not on RIB, but I travelled to Gennevillers in Nord suburban stock propelled by 66400 back in the days before that line became part of RER C, a real backwater service with hardly any passengers.

For 67300, you should be able to find pictures either on services to the east of Lyon or from Marseille to Aix-en-Provence. Might be RIO rather than RIB (fewer doors).

• RMweb Gold

I think that 67300 the most usual. Indeed I am not sure if 67400 are push-pull equipped.

66400 is, I think, the only sub-series suitable. Not on RIB, but I travelled to Gennevillers in Nord suburban stock propelled by 66400 back in the days before that line became part of RER C, a real backwater service with hardly any passengers.

For 67300, you should be able to find pictures either on services to the east of Lyon or from Marseille to Aix-en-Provence. Might be RIO rather than RIB (fewer doors).

Just realised that I have "the" book in my office.

For 67xxx, it only shows 67400 as being equipped for "Reversibilite" and then only some locos. So modeller would need to check against photos.

For 66xxx, much more choice.  66001-66040 all equipped. 66041-66318 all equipped. 66401-66506 90% equipped. 66604-66616 not equipped. 66701-66724 not equipped.

cheers for replies everyone!

definitely worth checking if loco is equiped then before buying a 67400 or 66xxx

i nearly bought an en voyage livery 67400 the other day but used the money on an autorail instead

I've never seen a 66xxx with coaches in actual service so guessing this was done a while ago? like 1970s???

Cheers

Tim

• RMweb Premium

I've never seen a 66xxx with coaches in actual service so guessing this was done a while ago? like 1970s???

Cheers

Tim

Not that long ago in fact. IIRC 66400 finished on passenger services on the Charleville Mezieres to Givet line around 2006/7 and on the Creil to Beauvais line a couple if years later.

Archived