Ultrasonic cleaners

I am considering getting an Ultrasonic cleaner. I feel that a lot of my modeling time is spent cleaning and preparing parts for painting and blackening, and cleaning up models after soldering.

The use will be for preparing brass and nickel-silver for painting and blackening. Both parts and finished models (soldered etched brass and ns models).

Suggestions for a make and place to buy?

Quality is more important than price. (Not that I´m filthy rich in any way, but I have "saved" a lot of money on useless tools...)

I need one that is about 30cm (12") long and 10cm wide and 10 cm deep.

And please feel free to share your experiences with US cleaners! Most important: Are they really useful?

Edit: I have searched the forum after posting this, and I should of course have done that first. The topic has been thoroughly discussed earlier. But I could not find a way to delete my post, so you have to be a with me.

Hi. Mine is a James Products Ltd. Not 12" though.   I find it cleans extremely well (Especially the wife's jewellery)  I use James Seagrass cleaning agent.  There are many outlets, I purchased mine direct from James Products.

As I understand it, US cleaners do not remove the oxidation on metals like brass. So is US cleaning sufficient before painting?

Or do you have to mechanically clean the metal in addition?

Archived