Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Funny thing seen on a train.

Hurrah for Jim

It has made my day to know that I am not the only one in the world that is getting really sick of companies talking to us as if we are small children.

Our industry (buses) has a couple of supposed experts that are trying to encourage us all to adopt the virgin trains attitude for signs. They used an example of winter last year with a bus station sign warning people to be careful in snow and ice... then showed the virgin trains sign "ice, ice baby.... " and then some spurious reference to a singer.

I know some on this thread have said it's called a sense of humour. I beg to differ and I think it is just absolutely pathetic.

As an engineer, my reading glasses are referred to as the 'video amplifiers'.

The earlier part of the thread reminded me of a joke, so old that it features Charles & Diana;

'Charles, where is the tea strainer?'

'He's on holiday'

Not the one where Princess Diana has to explain to the Queen Mother that its a steering wheel not a halo on her head?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived