Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Funny thing seen on a train.

Virgin Voyagers also have these, and exactly the same text is announced over a speaker just after the toilet door is closed.  It does get a bit wearing the third and fourth time - perhaps stuff the ex's sweater into the speaker instead? 

• RMweb Premium

Virgin Voyagers also have these, and exactly the same text is announced over a speaker just after the toilet door is closed.  It does get a bit wearing the third and fourth time - perhaps stuff the ex's sweater into the speaker instead? 

I'd have a problem with that I've been married for 37 years and my ex would be her predecessor and I haven't seen her since attending a funeral 10 years ago.

Jamie

• RMweb Gold

these signs bug me so much, virgin have signs on the platforms too with things like "slow down tiger" and  "woah there" rather than saying "please do not run" or "do not board the train unless you intend to travel" 

as an aside anything that that refers to an inanimate object as a 'living thing' winds me up too

wilco's products also have slogans all over them that annoy me too

0198901_l.jpg

Wilko-Vacuum-Cleaner-Bags-for-Hoover-x-5

oh and to top it off there was an advert on tv last night that said "please do not shampoo your eyes" then the next ad featured a plumbing supplies company selling a "bath filler", i remember when they were called taps!

• RMweb Premium

It keeps a lot of copy writers gainfully (?) employed and prevents them doing anything worse. Is one of them employed by DCC Concepts (below, at least it was when I wrote the sentence)?

By the way, I hope the device was multitined rather than multitinned.

Pedant mode off

its things like this that bug me too, the cheeky smile bit, why?

3D055D75-B52C-4995-BF03-2000D4437A8A.jpg

Don't know about smiling, but I could give them some kind of hand gesture...

• RMweb Gold

its things like this that bug me too, the cheeky smile bit, why?

It's called a "sense of humour".  Some people don't like be observed by CCTV (cue all the "if you've nothing to hide" posts) so a bit of humour may temper the message for them; give others a laugh and bug people like Big Jim.   :jester:

Archived