Palm trees

stock_2007

Home made Mexican Fan Palm - trunk is dried dogwood wrapped wit paper, cut with pinking shears along one edge - pick the pointed ends out after wrapping and set in position with white glue. Unravel brown garden twine and cut lengths of about 1" and startin about two inches down from the top glue lrngth at the top vertivcally around the tree, glue another layer about half an inch above it so it spreads over the previous layer and the another layer above that - these are the ratsnest of remains of dead fronds. Gake some artificial plant from your local pet shop, - pick one with nice wide leaves, cut fan-shaped leaves from them and stick a piece of soft iron wire down the centre with evostick - when dry snip slots into the wide end of the fans. Drill small holes around the top of the trunk and fix the leaf stems in with epoxy - leave to dry. when dry curve the wire on the leaves with your fingers to make the crown - paint the trunk a greyish brown and some of the lower leaves (dying) a yellowish brown those should hang almost vertically downwards

post-6688-1267034907_thumb.jpg

post-6688-126703492649_thumb.jpg

post-6688-126703498979_thumb.jpg

hello.

found those on the web but I have no idea about shipping/quality... they look good.

Even a big producer from China (I think they're producing big stock for architect building layouts...)

There's also something on The Model Tree Shop website

Personally I've used the feather-procedure for my mediterranean palms.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Silvio

Hi I've just sent away for a job lot of 40 palm trees to Everestmodels in Shanghai China by the photos they will need a bit tarting up as they look a bit plain ( the trees not the people from China ) if I can ever work out how to put a photo on this site I'll try and show what they look like after being put on the layout B)

Archived