First NorthWestern gold star livery for Pacers...

Hi guys - I'm looking to re-livery an aging Hornby Pacer into a more contemporary liverly.

I'm ideally looking for the dark blue with gold stars (was it originally northern spirit or something?) with First NorthWestern branding - or if that's not available, I'd consider the Northern rail livery.

Can anyone help? Where can I get the livery elements from? two questions - transfers and paint...

1) Transfers

I've looked at Fox and can't find anything on there site. I've looked at Precision labels and can't find anything on there either! Anyone?

2) Paint

Are the colours available off the shelf from anyone? I've tried a quick google and can't find anything on what colour they should be! Has anyone else tried re-painting one (or a Sprinter) in these liveries themselves?

Thanks for you help!

Cheers!

• RMweb Gold

Hi guys - I'm looking to re-livery an aging Hornby Pacer into a more contemporary liverly.

I'm ideally looking for the dark blue with gold stars (was it originally northern spirit or something?) with First NorthWestern branding - or if that's not available, I'd consider the Northern rail livery.

Can anyone help? Where can I get the livery elements from? two questions - transfers and paint...

1) Transfers

I've looked at Fox and can't find anything on there site. I've looked at Precision labels and can't find anything on there either! Anyone?

2) Paint

Are the colours available off the shelf from anyone? I've tried a quick google and can't find anything on what colour they should be! Has anyone else tried re-painting one (or a Sprinter) in these liveries themselves?

Thanks for you help!

Cheers!

Phoenix did do the paints, but I have a funny feeling that they have dropped them from the range. That said I think a lot of their range is practically the same colour in a different tin anyway! Looking at photos of the ex Northern pacers in the SW I'd said that FGW blue wouldnt be too far off for the blue at least.

With transfers, I think Modelmasters do First transfers, but I dont know of any for the North Western bit. may be worth talking to Precision and see if they can do them

Finally, for the Stars, Model Rail covered this a fair few years back and included a good template for the star's masking in the article. Fraid I dont know the issue. The other option would be drawing up a star on the computer and use that as a mask.

Phoenix did do the paints, but I have a funny feeling that they have dropped them from the range. That said I think a lot of their range is practically the same colour in a different tin anyway! Looking at photos of the ex Northern pacers in the SW I'd said that FGW blue wouldnt be too far off for the blue at least.

With transfers, I think Modelmasters do First transfers, but I dont know of any for the North Western bit. may be worth talking to Precision and see if they can do them

Finally, for the Stars, Model Rail covered this a fair few years back and included a good template for the star's masking in the article. Fraid I dont know the issue. The other option would be drawing up a star on the computer and use that as a mask.

Ah cheers Rich - I'm not sure about trying to mask the star on the pacer - sounds like a nightmare on the surface detail, mind - the northern curves would be just as bad!

Maybe I'll see if the Precision Labels guy can do them as custom transfers.

Anyone else know of transfers?

Archived