Hornby 08 cab removal

• RMweb Gold

Would anyone be able to assist with how to remove the cab on a Hornby 08?

I've found some info about running a knife around the joint between cab and bonnett and pulling apart, but not much else.

Would appreciate a little more info and photos if possible.

Many thanks in advance.

Look at the underside, on the three examples I have fiddled with the bottom edge of the cab moulding is in unpainted plastic, in contrast to the body colour of all the other pieces on the underside. Insert a fine blade between the underside and the front of the side wall of the cab, and lever outwards to release the small detents (these are midway up the cabsides, but the plastic is plenty bendy) each side, and the cab slides up and off.

(In case anyone is curious, two were for folks wanting to make themselves a class 13 combo, and one for a guy who wanted newspaper, billycan, jacket, bag etc in 'his' cab interior.)

• RMweb Gold

Look at the underside, on the three examples I have fiddled with the bottom edge of the cab moulding is in unpainted plastic, in contrast to the body colour of all the other pieces on the underside. Insert a fine blade between the underside and the front of the side wall of the cab, and lever outwards to release the small detents (these are midway up the cabsides, but the plastic is plenty bendy) each side, and the cab slides up and off.

(In case anyone is curious, two were for folks wanting to make themselves a class 13 combo, and one for a guy who wanted newspaper, billycan, jacket, bag etc in 'his' cab interior.)

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

• RMweb Gold

Take body in left hand, take cab in right hand, squezze in bottom of cab sides and twist gently, (your hands not your whole body), has worked for me on numerous occasions, but it depends how generous the glue fairies have been.

Mike.

Thanks Mike.

Managed to get apart this afternoon and thanks for your assistance!

In the process of fitting the glazing, but really ought to add a driver as well....

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Mike.

Managed to get apart this afternoon and thanks for your assistance!

In the process of fitting the glazing, but really ought to add a driver as well....

Try taking the spring out of at least one of the doors and leave open, seems a shame to hide that interior.

Mike.

• RMweb Gold

Try taking the spring out of at least one of the doors and leave open, seems a shame to hide that interior.

Mike.

I did manage to 'break' the spring arrangement, so not a bad option. Just lightly glued in place, but could do this when I sort a driver etc.

Archived