Lafarge JPAs

Craig G

Hello all,

I have a modern era layout with a wagon works which maintains a fleet of cement wagons. Last week whilst at Newcastle I saw a cement working from Oxwellmains to Seaham Harbor pass through the station. Unfortunately I was at work at the time and my duties got in the way of seeing the whole train pass by. One thing which I found interesting however was a JPA on the end of the rake, I've never seen one in use on these services before and thought they were usually in block workings made up purely of JPAs. I was wondering if anyone could give me any more information about the formation of this service or the use of the JPA wagons as I would love to be able to justify buying one for the layout.

What I currently know about the formation is that it had a Freightliner 66 on the front, a few PCAs, this is when I stopped watching, and then a JPA (don't know if there could have been more than one) bringing up the rear. Any information would be greatly received. If useful I took a screenshot of the working on realtimetrains so could give the Trust ID.

Thanks in advance,

Craig.

Archived