Rolling road speedometer

jaym481

Bachrus makes a RR speedometer interface with JMRI, and I was wondering if the roller set is compatible with the DCC Concepts rolling road. I have the latter, so before I splash out for the Bachrus kit I thought I should ask if anyone knows. Or is there a speedometer device that works with the DCC Concepts kit? 

Bachrus makes a RR speedometer interface with JMRI, and I was wondering if the roller set is compatible with the DCC Concepts rolling road. I have the latter, so before I splash out for the Bachrus kit I thought I should ask if anyone knows. Or is there a speedometer device that works with the DCC Concepts kit? 

Almost certainly not without some adaptation, which isn't necessarily too difficult.

My experience is with the Bachrus product. The DCC concepts rollers would still be used to provide support and power pick up. If you can adjust things so that the rollers on the speedo are at the correct height to be driven by the loco wheels then I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Each loco wheel is supported between two rollers. The correct height will depend on the roller diameters of the two system and the distance between the rollers under each wheel, i.e., how far down the loco wheel sits between the rollers.

Andrew

• 1 year later...

Archived