New Farish 08

35 Ark Royal

is there any sign of a green one?

Not at the moment. They need to do some re-tooling to back date it for a green version. Although apparently it has been promised by Bachmann, I guess it's got a low priority possibly because they deem there is less demand for a green one (than alternative projects) and that there are rather nice blue and other ones available that a modeller could adapt ad re-paint if really desperate.

G.

• RMweb Gold
is there any sign of a green one?

I would think that Farish would re-tool the more modern bodyshell once they've exhausted all the possibilities for liveries. You never know what's around the corner with the Toyfair just around the corner.... :rolleyes:

They seem to have made some provision for this - all the boxes along the sides of the diecast nose are plastic and removable - thankfully. This makes backdating by hand much easier along with 08/9 conversions). The cab is also a separate plastic moulding so you don't need to saw up anything die cast to go to wooden doors if you really wanted to.

Alan

Hi 08763 arrived today from Hattons.So at long last Westside now has a sunter.Very quick service from Hattons.Just been run in an hour each way.Gone one way round now on the other,dissapointed no lights but i guess at £45 you can't have everything.The detail is excellent however.If memory serves when i modelled 00 i don't think that the Bachmann or Hornby models had lights.Am i correct in this?

cheers

Ian

Hi 08763 arrived today from Hattons.So at long last Westside now has a sunter.Very quick service from Hattons.Just been run in an hour each way.Gone one way round now on the other,dissapointed no lights but i guess at £45 you can't have everything.The detail is excellent however.If memory serves when i modelled 00 i don't think that the Bachmann or Hornby models had lights.Am i correct in this?

Only in the post couple of years or so has lights become virtually a OO standard and there are plenty of unlit or limited lit OO locos still being sold. As for the 08 £45 ? Hattons doing stuff post free now ?

Only in the post couple of years or so has lights become virtually a OO standard and there are plenty of unlit or limited lit OO locos still being sold. As for the 08 £45 ? Hattons doing stuff post free now ?

Sorry should have added £4.00 postage unfortuantely i did not get it free!!!

• 2 months later...

I just purchased my first BR Blue Bach/Farish 08 (my first loco purchase in a few years) today from DRM, and I have to say it's nothing short of fantastic. Even my wife agrees!! We both looked over the vast improvements made to the new tooling and she noticed all the detailing compared to my other 08 (just prior to the Bachmann buyout).

As for the running, she was amazed at that too. Now although my Cobra layout doesn't have any cork on the board just yet, I layed a length of flexi on the board and ran the original one, then the new one, and we both drew the conclusion thats it was perfect.

I think a few more will be getting purchased within the year, as well as a couple of 20's, 37/0's, and 60's.

• 1 month later...

Archived