Card thickness question

steve1

• RMweb Gold

Glad the info was useful and I was able to help. I change the blades very regularly and purchased a box of 100 blades relatively cheaply. A sharp blade will go through the 2mm card with 2-3 passes. Cutting the windows and small components is tiring and requires a good cup of tea, lots of concentration and plenty of patience! I have printed my church windows using the Transparent OP Film which is better than cutting out the printed window frames and I am hoping the stained glass shows when I put an LED light inside the church. Works a treat, although the colour looks a little blue instead of black. Probably just the cheap inkjet printer I have!

All's well that ends well, good advice, Ian.

As an aid to cutting out windows, especially in the thicker card I pierce the corners or intersections with a sharp point, shown below. It allows you to pre-position your blade point, and the 'clunk' as it reaches the next one tells you when you have cut far enough.

post-106-0-32616800-1447760527.jpg

Hope this idea helps,

Doug

All's well that ends well, good advice, Ian.

As an aid to cutting out windows, especially in the thicker card I pierce the corners or intersections with a sharp point, shown below. It allows you to pre-position your blade point, and the 'clunk' as it reaches the next one tells you when you have cut far enough.

attachicon.gifIMG_4395.JPG

Hope this idea helps,

Doug

I have one of those. It was included in one of those multiple knife sets and very handy it is too.

steve

Archived