Tanker wagons 1976 and beyond

Ray Von

It's true, RMWeb is, and will always be absolutely vital to a novice like myself. :-D

Perhaps one of its members can clarify and explain the differences between Paul's image and that of the Peco wagon???

(Before my brain makes me buy half a dozen....)

I think *physically* the Bachmann TTA is closer to Paul's image, at least in terms of ladder and walkway design (it looks to have generally finer in detail than the old Peco wagon as well)

There's a whole bunch of small lettering differences between the two images, some of them are era-related. On the prototype the patched out logo's (Shell/BP) and the stars (bottom right) suggest an older paint job, on the model the minor lettering on the lower right (the blue label and the VIBT? repair label under it) are more modern developments than your era I think.

I don't think any of those differences are beyond tweaking by the modeller if it's something they care about though, and for a fairly nondescript wagon I'm sure there would be plenty of folk that would just run it as-is - but to model that specific prototype example in N I'd be starting from Bachmann's 373-777, blanking out the Shell/BP logo's and weathering.

Archived