Slaters Clerestory Instructions

Has anyone, by any chance, an instruction leaflet for a Slaters D14 Brake Third kit, that they would be prepared to spare, sell, copy, loan or whatever?

I picked up a kit on eBay, the kit seems OK but the instruction booklet in it is for a Midland 6-wheeler. Which is of little help, especially with the bogies.

I could return the kit, but I'd like to use it if possible, they're not that easy to get hold of.

Actually I suppose the instructions for any of the Slaters Dean clerestories would be useful, if anyone can help.

Edited by johnarcher

• RMweb Premium

I have the instructions for the diagram C10 all third. If no-one comes up with the right ones, let me know and I'll scan them and PM them to you.

There are several pages on the bogies.

Jonathan

Edited by corneliuslundie

Thank you, I'll let you know.

Yes, I have read comments about the complexity of the bogies - did you do them as they come?

Are they worth the elaboration, or could one use kit parts to make, basically, cosmetic sideframes to go on a MJT CCU?

Edited by johnarcher

I have a set but the pdf file is too big to send as a PM when I tried that method to send it to you, so if I can have an email I will be able to send it to you.

Thank you, I have PM'd you my email address.

I have the instructions for the diagram C10 all third. If no-one comes up with the right ones, let me know and I'll scan them and PM them to you.

There are several pages on the bogies.

Jonathan

As you may see above, the actual set did appear, but thanks again for your offer.

Thank you, I have received it OK.

I assume you have made one of these, how did you find it to put together?

Thanks again

John

Hello John,

I built one of the all thirds when they were relatively newly out. The body went together fine IIRC but the bogies were a bit of a fiddle. They do work but they are not very free running. I wouldn't build them according to the instruactions again but would try to fit pinpoint bearings and forget the suspension system. Mine was for 00.

Darwinian

• 2 months later...

Hi,  have only just come across this thread. I have three Slater's kits, bought on eBay over ten years ago. None of them have the instructions. Being a relative newbie there is no way I can attempt a build without them.

Could anyone help? Am quite willing to give my email address if required.  Many thanks in advance.

Kits are all 4mm.  Dean non-corridor brake third (Ref. 4C015)    GWR clerestory all third (Ref 4C08)   &   GWR clerestory 1st / 3rd composite.

Regards,

Chris.

I have the D14 instructions that I started this thread to get hold of, so if that would help PM me an email address and  I should be able to send them (unless the excellent God's Wonderful Railway instructions supplier, through whose generosity I got them, has already done it).

• 1 year later...

All three sets of instructions sent.

Hi there GWR , do you still have copies of three instructions.....I've just acquired the same kits in the last few days , I have contacted slater's but as yet not much joy ....so a struggling newbie needs some help !

Regards fred

• RMweb Gold

It did cross my mind to ask Andy York to put a database of kit instructions in a separate thread but I think copyright laws might kick in for those companies still going, does anyone else have any ideas.