The South Wales Main Line Part Five

Not Jeremy

• RMweb Gold

Just being printed up at Amadeus, the next book in John Hodge's series taking us along the Great Western in South Wales, this part covering both main line and Swansea District lines from Swansea to Llanelly.

112 pp, dust jacketed hardback, printed on quality art paper to usual standards, £29.95

The book will be bound and available in time for the Warley show, which I will be attending with the Wild Swan Books stand, ably assisted by David Lane and Kevin Wood of Railex fame.

post-19301-0-36556400-1447515352.jpg

Or available from your favourite railway book supplier and all good book shops too.

This will be the only further new book from Wild Swan this year, but rest assured that there are a number of new book projects being actively worked on for release in 2016.

Simon Castens

Wild Swan Books Ltd

• RMweb Gold

At not unsurprising comment from you Mike.....

Actually something of a 'yes' and 'no' to be honest Peter.  I thought the captions and content in the first volume were a bit miserable so didn't buy it and that put me off others in the series for some time but I have got, and like 'Severn Tunnel to Newport'.  In the meanwhile Santa has already procured two new volumes from Lightmoor Press and if his elves on Not Jeremy's stand at Warley were to keep aside for me 'The Book of the Hall' and one each of all volumes of 'The Prairie Papers' they will definitely be guaranteed some sales for me to convey back home for Santa to wrap them  (oh, and 'Swansea to Llanelly' which I think might have promise).

• RMweb Gold

Actually something of a 'yes' and 'no' to be honest Peter.  I thought the captions and content in the first volume were a bit miserable so didn't buy it and that put me off others in the series for some time but I have got, and like 'Severn Tunnel to Newport'.  In the meanwhile Santa has already procured two new volumes from Lightmoor Press and if his elves on Not Jeremy's stand at Warley were to keep aside for me 'The Book of the Hall' and one each of all volumes of 'The Prairie Papers' they will definitely be guaranteed some sales for me to convey back home for Santa to wrap them  (oh, and 'Swansea to Llanelly' which I think might have promise).

That is very kind of you Mike, but I have to advise that at Warley we are only empowered to act as "Wild-elves" and not "Tit-elves" :O 

So whilst being very happy to help out on the day with any Swansea to Llanelly leanings you may succumb to, your Irwell urges will have to be satisfied by that young blade Hudson, David of Nottingham, or even Sooty.

In the meanwhile the Hall and Prairie books have arrived in Titworld and look suitably interesting....

See you there!

Simon

Archived