Ashfield Valley

mwrosebury2000

The time away from modelling has been a lot longer than I would have liked but I am back now.

All the people have been added to the platform and the track has been weathered, I just need to finish cleaning the rail head.

I have repainted the A4 that was in previous shots and I hope to add loco lamps and a train crew to it before its return to the layout.

I have put some more bushes in and have screwed a block of wood at each end of the layout, these will receive the wires from the pylons. I have also started construction on the signals that will control trains entering the station from the north.

I hope to have more updates and pictures soon.

Mark

• 2 months later...

A couple of pictures of the A4 undergoing a repaint and a few modifications. This is a Hornby TTS model, I have added a twin chimney, lamps on the front and back, new name plates and numbers. I also removed the coal that came with it and put a false bottom in the tender before replacing it with real coal. Driver & fireman still to go on the footplate and then it all needs putting back together.

This is my first loco repaint and although not 100% it's good enough for me.DSC_0751.JPG.de4a9c782f38dcb96461ee5c6e0740d2.JPGDSC_0882.JPG.85e2d5b618a5e306abc5b1aef8f6f8e2.JPG

Mark