arsTECNICA.de - anyone used this shop recently?

fildowns

Seeing this site mentioned in a positive light several times in the forums here, I thought I'd give it a go and duly placed an order for 4 decoders a fortnight ago.  Needless to say nothing has arrived as yet.

I got the automated "order received" email straight away as expected but since then not only can't I log in to the site, the reset password mechanism does not appear to function either. Every password reset results in a password error on trying to login with the supplied new password.

What's more no reply to my emails in 72+ hours.

Is anyone else having login difficulties?  Are they actually still trading or have I just lost €60?  Not a fortune, but somewhat annoying!

I've been using the internet to order stuff for over 15 years so I'm fully conversant with such terms as "Caps-Lock" and "upper/lower case" so I know it's not just a case of password blunder.  Also tried on three different browsers across two PCs and mobile...

I'd be very interested in any recent experiences with this eShop....cheers all.

~Philip

While I've never mail ordered anything from them I did visit their very large shop and exhibition in September and they were alive and kicking then!

Did you pay with a credit card? Might be worth speaking to them just in case they can do a charge back.

Hope you manage to get it sorted soon. Keep us updated!

Well, as is quite often the case with these things, when I got home the evening after starting this topic I found a card on the mat stating I had a parcel to pick up at the local depot.

The following morning I finally got a reply to my emails which contained a tracking number - yes it was the parcel waiting for me at the depot.  So I now have all my goods as ordered.  I guess they're very busy this time of year and hence the delays in dispatch and comms.

Very good prices. A bonus of free postage (€50+ order) and the reassurance recorded mail.

So being an optimist I'm going to put this down to a glitch! :)

• RMweb Gold

I've used them without issue, but also http://www.modellbahnshop-lippe.com/ whose prices are similar. They require a spend of €100 to get free postage, but that comes with UPS fully-tracked delivery instead of standard postal service.  Last time I ordered, I did so on Sunday night, and the package arrived on the following Wednesday.  That's about the same delivery time as Hatton's!

Incidentally, both suppliers accept payment by PayPal so you have protection there.

A fortnight for some reason seems about right - it took that for a small box from Roco containing a replacement Multmaus screen cover. Wonder if theres some extra inspection of parcels taking place given world events,

Could be, yes.  I think what concerned me the most was the lack or response, but in any case it's all turned out fine, I've not been put off from ordering again from the same establishment. Sometimes folk are just very busy...and of course we all want MR shops to be busy!  ...and even Germans aren't perfect! ;)

Archived