Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Bord na Mona Railways

Nearholmer

• RMweb Premium

I went over to video and photograph the remaining BnM lines earlier this year. Had an excellent time and made very welcome by the staff.  I’ll post a link to the video once it’s edited - will be later in the year though.  I’ve also made one of the Narrow Planet Waggonmasters, but really want a 7mm scale version.

• Like 1

On 05/07/2023 at 10:19, ColinK said:

I went over to video and photograph the remaining BnM lines earlier this year. Had an excellent time and made very welcome by the staff.  I’ll post a link to the video once it’s edited - will be later in the year though.  I’ve also made one of the Narrow Planet Waggonmasters, but really want a 7mm scale version.

What did you do about the chassis for the NP Wagonmaster kit? I was hoping to try and fit a slighty more accurate 3ft gauge chassis. Be very interested to see how you have tackled it.

• RMweb Premium

I used the recommended Lilliput O&K shunter chassis obtained secondhand.  However, it is to a newer design than that used in the instructions as it has lighting, a working roof beacon and DCC socket. A fair bit of work was needed to the chassis to make it fit, as a result I didn't narrow it as that would have made it difficult to fit to the body.

IMG_1835.JPG.71c7f4a74ce42d348e304866d36ce1db.JPG

IMG_1853D.JPG.7e8c0fa7fa0175d3e2c064c7cd35ca6e.JPG

IMG_1982.JPG.ac0fb2681d3add4713d1703783dddb74.JPG

• Like 6
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Thanks for that, appreciated. I was hoping to build mine to 3ft gauge like my other BnM stock. Probably means building a custom chassis, which I'm not very good at. 

Pity the system is being run down, I found it fascinating and the staff were always very helpful and friendly. Years ago I produced a stock book and video for Midland Publishing.  Maybe I ought to edit together some of the unused footage for another video as it is all historical now.

• Like 1

I had a look at that bookazine with the long article about BnM in WHS earlier - well worth a buy if you’re not already well au fait with the topic, and they’ve done fantastically well to source such a lovely set of colour photos from the dates they have.