Metcalfe Models

hucknall byron

I have not been able to order directly from Metcalfe as Metcalfe does not ship internationally.  While I was a bit disappointed, I perfectly understand why some companies do not want to get into shipping international.  On the other hand, each time I've emailed the owner about one of his models (which of his building papers match the kit etc) I have gotten a very fast, friendly and informative answer which has assisted me in ordering from another source exactly what I need.  This is what I call "excellent customer service."  Combine this with an excellent product line and it is no wonder I have several of his kits in various stages of construction just waiting for a layout to place them on.  

Excellent kits and with a bit of extra input can be made excellent.  Only problem i have is that many of their old kits are not compatible with there new improved kits.  For example the original terrace house will not match up with the new one which is larger and a different colour.  I know at leat two people who have got caught on this and Metcalfe do not have any of the old kits around.  Shame because I actually prefer the older one since it is a little bit smaller and as such gives a sense of perspective.  

• 2 weeks later...

Archived