Limitations on following topics

Now it's probably just me being thick, but can anyone say why 'My Followed Topics' appears to be limited to about 7 items that show up.  There are several that I would like to follow, but if l do it appears to be at the expense of being unable to see more items unless I 'unfollow' topics.

Am I missing something obvious, or is there a limit?

Thanks Martin, but my problem is that  the most recent posts for some reason don't show up.  I had assumed that things would be 'shunted down the line', and leave most recent posts appearing, but not meaning I had to 'unfollow' posts that I was interested in.

Dock Green was just the most recent example.  I spotted it under the Modelling Zone, yet it didn't appear on my followed topics until I stopped following another topic!

• RMweb Gold

Hi Peter,

I have several followed topics which don't show up on the front page when posted to. Likewise the forum search function fails to return results which I know should be there.

What you have to bear in mind is that the IPS software which runs RMweb is riddled with bugs, and we just have to make the best of it. Just consider the nonsense of having to edit the s out of the secure protocol when posting YouTube videos -- a simple thing which would have been shown up by the most basic testing, if the IPS programmers actually did any.

Martin.

• RMweb Gold

I noticed this a while ago. The only thing you can do to ensure you get to see all your followed topics is to click on the View New Content link on the top left right. Sometimes none of the "top" 7 are showing as had any updates yet under VNC there are a stack of followed topics that have new content in them. It been like that for years, I doubt it will ever get fixed.

edit: don't know my left from my right :D

Archived