Lovely little Lilliput boxed set

steve1

I same this set being advertised in the Continental Modeller and ordered one from Hattons at their absolute bargain price.

L230103_1032015_Qty1_1.jpg

It really is superb. The wagons all have sprung buffers (even if, ironically, the lok doesn't) and the underframe detailing and printing are amazing. There is even a bag of hand grips to be fitted to the wagons in a plastic bag. It all comes in a very smart box with inserts for the various items. OK the plastic 'ballast' load in the open is a bit naff but that's easily changed.

It all ran brilliantly on the test track last night out of the box and the lok was really quiet after a bit of running.

A bit of discreet weathering (Wiebe seem to keep their stock quite smart) and fitting suitable Kadees and this will be in service the next time Starker Verkehr goes out next year. Mind you, some Nietenzähler will no doubt tell me it's not legit but IMTSAIRWIW.

Thoroughly recommended product!

steve (no connection with etc. etc)

I believe there is or has been quite a few 'big diesels' done in that attractive Wiebe livery;

Brawa 21x (DR V100!),

Brawa 215,

Brawa 2xx (V300!) (expensive!),

Piko G1700,

Roco 211,

Trix Kof,

Finally, VERY expensive, Sachs Waggonfabrick Voith Maxima - very nice indeed!

Also, a little bit of the real thing for you;

21432389012_f435cf0af5_c.jpg

Cheers,

John E.

John,

I have the Piko BoBo and very good it is too. This set will complement it nicely. I must also look out for more wagons in their livery.

Have seen pics of the Voith. It's lovely but what a price!

steve

Archived