Finding "my" posts in a long thread

I wanted to see the undoubtedly valuable contribution that I had made to Ron Heggs' topic recently. Is there a quick and easy way to do this rather than wading through the whole thread again? Thanks in advance.

Ed

There may be a cleverer way of getting the website to do it for you but what I do it is to go to the profile of the person whose posts I want to find (me or someone else) then  click on "find content". You should then see "find this member's content" on the bottom left of the page and click on  "only posts". That should bring up all your posts, most recent ones first, and you can just page through them till you find the topic and that'll be your most recent post on that topic. 

If you just want the most recent post on a topic you've contributed to then as Chris says just click on your name at the top of any page and then click on my  content.and they'll all appear but you'll then also be offered the "see this member's...." box so press on only posts and that'll bring up all your posts.

If you search a topic using your name that'll bring up all the instances when someone else has quoted your posts but not your original posts. 

Thanks Chris but I tried that. Problem is that I have made so many (verbal you-know-what) that I can't find specific posts made ages ago. It's probably me. I can't remember the number of my mobile and don't know how to find it, so called my son and asked him to tell me, thus confirming his opinion that I am no longer fit to be allowed out on my own!

Ed

• RMweb Gold

Hi Ed,

According to this page:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=stats&do=who&t=28293

You have posted twice in that topic. You can find which pages using Google (i.e. on the main Google site).

Enter edcayton castlefield site:rmweb.co.uk in the Google search box.

In theory the RMweb Advanced Search function should provide everything you need, like this:

post-1103-0-26498200-1449408096.png

Unfortunately, as usual it doesn't work for me, returning no results. The IPS software running RMweb is riddled with such bugs. It may work for you.

p.s. I tried Castlefield, Castlefields, Manchester, and several other terms.

regards,

Martin.

Thanks guys. I managed to find them using google, thanks Martin. Ron, thanks, they were nothing terribly constructive (there's a surprise). I was hoping for an easier way, certainly than the site search, but google is my friend as always.

Ed

• RMweb Gold

Hi Ron,

You can find your replies to Ed like this:

post-1103-0-72201500-1449409463.png

Ed could then get back to the his posts by clicking the return arrow on the right.

Ed, unfortunately your usual sign-off "Ed" is only 2 characters, so can't be searched for. If in future when making a post on RMweb you always include a unique-to-you string of at least 4 characters, somewhere within it (the actual post, not the signature section), say "Ed123", you will have something to search for and there is a chance the IPS software will actually find it. Such are the tricks of those who have learned to work the system in the face of its being so unreliable.

Martin.

Archived