Help please, 7mm door window frame casting

auld_boot

Could somebody please put me out of my misery, I recall reading a thread on here where somebody had used some neat little castings for coach door window frames. The casting meant that the door window was flat and looked much better on etched body sides. I think the thread was for a DMU or possibly a mk1 coach.

But now I'd like to get some of them for myself I can't recall who manufactured them nor which thread it was in, and every search I try for variations of 'mk1 window door casting' (etc.) all throw up too many results to be worth while.

Not specificall for the doors, Easy-Build used to do polycarbonate windows that just needed the frame painting, and which fittted BR Mk 1's, but they were a bit of a fiddle to paint without marking the 'glass'.

These have now been superceeded by their etched frames which glue to the outside and a flush fitting clear polycarbonate 'glass' then fits behind, these seem much better, was that what you were thinking of?

http://www.easybuildcoaches.co.uk/TOP/WINDOW%20PACKS.html

post-18627-0-79388100-1450308066_thumb.jpg

post-18627-0-77384100-1450308219_thumb.jpg

Hope that helps,

Peter

Edit - Just checked through the Gauge O Guild Traders Product Directory, and there's nothing listed specifically for doors, presumably it's just a square hole in a flat piece of material that you're looking for, to set the glass back a bit from the coach side? - If so the only other thought is to cut a square hole on plasticard, or if you have lots to do get York Modelmaking to laser cut some from acrylic or similar? (Other laser cutting companies are available!)

Sorry your reply crossed with my edit to the post, the only other thought is a resin casting, presumably you want to take the slight curve on the body side and traslate it into a flat base for glazing,

Given the holiday period I'm out of action now until January but if nothing comes up in the meastime I will see if I can come up with a master that fits a Westdale/RJH Mk1 and gives an upright back to a drop light that will take the glass behind it.

Peter

• RMweb Gold

Could somebody please put me out of my misery, I recall reading a thread on here where somebody had used some neat little castings for coach door window frames. The casting meant that the door window was flat and looked much better on etched body sides. I think the thread was for a DMU or possibly a mk1 coach.

But now I'd like to get some of them for myself I can't recall who manufactured them nor which thread it was in, and every search I try for variations of 'mk1 window door casting' (etc.) all throw up too many results to be worth while.

Try Brian Daniels' thread here (Post No. 1599)....

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/1458-brians-7mm-diesel-workbench-jltrt-prestwin/page-64

Made by Westdale, Brian used them on his Peter Clark "Thumper".

Regards

Dan

• RMweb Gold

Thank You Dan, you're a hero!  

That's the ones I remember seeing, they make just a slight difference to each door window but overall it makes a big difference to the side of a coach.

You're welcome - I'm glad to be of service.

Regards

Dan

Archived