Fitting Snowploughs to a Farish class 150/2

35 Ark Royal

Hi id like to fit the supplied snowploughs to my Farish 150/2 in Reigonal Railways Livery.The supplied ones are a dark grey.Do theese need painting Yellow? also how easy are they to fit? Do they need glueing with superglue or do they just clip in? I have took the rapidos of the power and dummy cars ready for this.

many thanks

Ian

Hi Ian,

The plows/deflectors in the 150 (along with the dummy coupling, both beautiful mouldings) are a nice positive fit, but do need a tiny spot of super glue to secure them. Yellow paint will depend on what livery and which particular unit it is - I'd recomment whacking the number of your unit into fotopic.net and seeing what the prototype carried, and when. For example, the Wessex unit I'll be modelling has yellow one end, and black the other...

HTH

cheers

jo

• 2 months later...

Just pull! They snap into the NEM pocket they are mounted in. If you want to remove the pocket too, turn the unit over, and squeeze the two lugs that protrude through the bogie together, allowing the pocket to be removed

HTH

jo

Just pull! They snap into the NEM pocket they are mounted in. If you want to remove the pocket too, turn the unit over, and squeeze the two lugs that protrude through the bogie together, allowing the pocket to be removed

HTH

jo

OK so I was being dim :( easy now I know - thanks very much!

Archived