Inspirational- must watch

Sultan

• RMweb Gold

I suspect that a lot of RMWebbers won't look at this because you have put it in the SNCF sub-group.

A pity because there is a lot to learn here for everyone. I particularly like the way that he has worked some curves into the layout. MPD layouts are so often just a spread of parallel tracks in line with the baseboard edge.

Totally believable, thanks for posting the video.

Looking at this guys YouTube channel I think that he also DJ's ( my sort of music which I also DJ !) and as such he may well have a fog machine which could provide the effects that ianp ( above ) is asking about. The same effect can be also achieved using canned smoke which is also used for lighting enhancement by DJ's ( when a venue allows !).

Page 255 of his thread (link in #2 above), he has some stills taken at the same time as the video. Even better! Ambience

Yep! Just as I thought, fog fluid as used by dj's and clubs to enhance the lights.

As an aside you can also se the same effect used by Vikas Chander here

http://vikaschander.com/layout-lighting/

used to good effect on his own layout where he uses DMX controllers to create various "mood" and weather for the time of day.

• 4 weeks later...

Truly magnificent, it is very easy to imagine being on a train passing by a typical French depot.  The fog effect is superb.  I agree with the comment above that says that many people simply will never see this movie because of where it is posted, but, in all honesty, that's their problem!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived