Folkestone-Dover sea wall wash-out

• RMweb Premium

As to the area at the Dover end of the raft, when I read the planning document it mentioned some works in that area as the timber viaduct extends into that area but is better protected by the seawall built when the sidings were put in. IIRC there was some talk of digging out and replacing some of the remaining timber viaduct in that section as the timbers in the section under the raft were in very poor condition. However the raft supported by pies wasn't needed due to the protection offered by the rather better section of seawall.

Jamie

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Sorry, cracking on with external painting, on my day off.

I trust it's not been as hot as it's been here - or the paint will be going off fast enough to stick your brush to the wall. :jester:

John

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 2

Got pretty uncomfortable late this afternoon, wasn't too bad earlier when we did our village SpeedWatch session.

Got to call in at Dover tomorrow, so hope to take a look at the site, first time for a while. May see D.T. if I hear what time he'll be there!

I trust it's not been as hot as it's been here - or the paint will be going off fast enough to stick your brush to the wall. :jester:

John

Got pretty uncomfortable late this afternoon, wasn't too bad earlier when we did our village SpeedWatch session.

Got to call in at Dover tomorrow, so hope to take a look at the site, first time for a while. May see D.T. if I hear what time he'll be there!

0945 bus to Aycliffe on the public path around 1000 hours.

I try to avoid mad dogs and Englishmen tween 12-1500,these days.

• Like 1

No public notices,of emergency closure/or closure notices are on display.

The fence line has been in this state,for at least 20 years.

It would normally take 3/6 months for an application to be applied for,to close off

a public path.

The barrier only went up at 1800 hours last night.

post-13585-0-94506100-1468919729_thumb.jpeg

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Isn't it illegal to close a public footpath without issuing a formal notice and allowing time for any objections to be heard (other than in an emergency of course)?

It definitely requires a notice to be published if the path is a Right of Way (a map of those in your area may be found at Dover library I believe) and 28 days notice of closure is required.

Sitting here,atop of the tunnels, in an nice 8 mph sea breeze.

Here follows your fix,for some of you addicts out there.

You will determine, from the photos, what changes there have been to the site,

since my last visit Sunday.

I will not be writing any text along side them

They were the dreaded iPad camera photos,

as live as I can get,within the last hour.

post-13585-0-78208300-1468920908_thumb.jpeg

post-13585-0-81839900-1468920947_thumb.jpeg

post-13585-0-78155900-1468920977_thumb.jpeg

post-13585-0-51582700-1468921017_thumb.jpeg

• Like 3

As far as I am aware this is the main North Downs Way which is definitely a right of way.

I feel an email to Dover District Council coming on if there is no prohibition notice displayed.

Sorry I could not make it David, my foot has swollen up overnight, hope it's not gout!

As far as I am aware this is the main North Downs Way which is definitely a right of way.

I feel an email to Dover District Council coming on if there is no prohibition notice displayed.

Sorry I could not make it David, my foot has swollen up overnight, hope it's not gout!

Please email away.

• Like 2

Us convicts being wot we are, if someone posted a sign like that down under...

we'd either pinch it, or even more people would lean at just that point, cos there must be something to see!

(and who is the Mr. Drop fellow, telling us wot we can and can't do?  I guess at least he signed his sign....)