LNER Y8 Scratch build

Im currently have an urge to scratch build an LNER Y8 in 7mm to compliment my Y6 Tram. Im totally new to scratch building and envisage building the model using plasticard sheet, with tube for the boiler. However im finding it difficult to source relevant drawings. I've tried Issinglass but according to their catalogue, they are unable to provide me with drawings. Does anyone know it a suitable 4mm drawing could be found in Historic Locomotive Drawings in 4 Mm Scale by F.J. Roche? Im quite good with AutoCAD and so, don't mind scaling up or down drawings. Alternatively do any of you know it there may have been a feature in a previous issue of Railway Modeller or Model Rail.

Thank you in advance,

A4 Nutter

Ill try and have a look for that on the web.. I wonder if Railway Modeller can reprint issues from that far back?!?! lol

Ive got yeadons register, but as wonderful sources of info they are, they unfortunately don't include drawings. Mind you I bet it is quite hard to permit use and publish drawings. :S

Thank you for your advice Leicester Thumper, I will bear those wise words in mind when I come to constructing it. Ive deliberately chosen a prototype with driving wheel diameter smaller than the footplate ride height so the model can be built in two halves.. the body i.e. footplate upwards and then the chassis. Thats the method to my madness in any case. Hope it works!

Archived