Blue/grey coach lining

Hi guys,

I'm shortly about to undertake a couple of repaining projects. I've never done anything like this before, and based upon my experience with wargaming as a teenager I'm apprehensive that I won't be able to do a very good job of it. 

The thing I'm most worried about is the white lining on BR blue/grey coaches. I understand Fox make a transfer and was wondering if anyone was able to show me some pictures of what can be achieved with these transfers? More specifically, I'm looking to modify some Lima Mk2Bs (either detailing them or turning them into Mk2Cs) and then repainting them. Does anybody have any pictures of repainted coaches with the Fox transfers alongside, say a Bachmann RTR Mk2A for comparison?

Thanks. 

The following photos are of an Airfix Mk2D TSO converted to a Mk2E by me and resprayed by my friend Glenn. He used Fox transfers for the white lines but he always sprays a coach in gloss varnish first to help disguise the waterslide film. He then finishes off with an overall coat of satin varnish before weathering.

post-7112-0-48687800-1451924896_thumb.jpg

post-7112-0-97538300-1451924912_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi All

Try transfers first make sure the body has gloss varnish or clear to make them settle and use plenty of setting solution to get them bedded down in the door lines

They can be tricky to get straight do one side of the coach and let dry

I think you can still get HMRS  lining transfers which are press fix these may be easier to get straight

Yours

Gary

I used HMRS presfix on my MK1 BSO and other repaints recently, they are ok and fine for long length but I struggled a little on the doors. Can't post photos but there are plenty on my Peafore Yard and M1 BSO thread.

Thanks very much everyone. Never done anything like this before so apprehensive to give it a bash. I can't think of anything more frustrating than getting to that stage and the lining being totally wrong, only to have to start again!

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Easiest to lop off any door handles and refit brass ones after lining.

I find Model Masters easier to use than HMRS.

I would like to be able to bow pen but just can't do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Easiest to lop off any door handles and refit brass ones after lining.

I find Model Masters easier to use than HMRS.

I would like to be able to bow pen but just can't do it.

Any suggestions on where to get brass handles from please? 

Archived