Brand new Website

Barry M

Gordon, thank you for that. My website building experience is zero, so it's been a steep learning curve for me!!

I'll have a look at that pdf instruction sheet too!

Thanks so much, it's great to have constructive feedback.

Barry

Seems to be OK on my desktop Mac, so it may just be iPad related.  Either way, I suspect it could easily be rectified in a few minutes.

One other thing.

I see you have the facility to order and pay on the site, but I didn't see the htpps: or lock symbol to show it is a secure website.  If your site is not secure, it may impact your sales as like many others, I wouldn't want to order using my credit card details etc if it wasn't a secure site.

Can you confirm your site is a secure site?  I would certainly address that issue quickly as it appears you have some good products and you don't want to limit your future sales.

These aren't criticism's, just some feedback for you that may help you move forward.

If everything is by Paypal then I think it will be OK.  It was the credit card option I was concerned about.  There did appear to be an option to use a credit card when I got the the checkout page, but I didn't continue so perhaps that was disabled anyway.

Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Can your kits be made to fit two different types/makes of coaches? For example Bachmann MK1 to Bachmann Porthole. Or Bachmann MK1 to Hornby Ex LMS. I was thinking if I bought two different kits could they be used some How to work in this circumstance.

Can your kits be made to fit two different types/makes of coaches? For example Bachmann MK1 to Bachmann Porthole. Or Bachmann MK1 to Hornby Ex LMS. I was thinking if I bought two different kits could they be used some How to work in this circumstance.

You can mix rakes....it's always best to use the type of connector that is going towards the type coach.....

For instance Mk1 to a Gresley you would use a Gresley bellows from the mk1 to the Gresley. ( Gresley buffers are much closer together). But you would fit a mk1 blank end at the mk1 end of the bellows so it would attach.

So Mk1 to Bachmann Porthole would be as follows mk1 blank end- Porthole bellows- Porthole blank end.

Hope that makes sense!!

Barry

I like the look of the corridor connections. I have a pair of Bachmann Colletts which are fairly close coupled using kdees, would the closer coupling (about half the normal) be a problem with the bellows?

Thanks

Les

I like the look of the corridor connections. I have a pair of Bachmann Colletts which are fairly close coupled using kdees, would the closer coupling (about half the normal) be a problem with the bellows?

Thanks

Les

Les, the Corridor Connectors have 4 sections of bellows, you should be able to remove one bellow or even 2 with a scalpel and that should stop any problems for close coupling, whilst still retaining the visual corridor effect.

Barry

• 2 weeks later...

Archived