Pocketmags BRM

juke

• RMweb Premium

I have already posted within the February Mag thread and got a workaround with one problem. Andy provided a means of d/l the building print.

One problem with the PC version of Pocketmags is that the 'DVD' streaming doesn't work. It did work OK in January but not now (either month).

I tried to print a page and the app repeatedly crashes at the point that I press print.

Emailed Pocketmags who told me that additional material doesn't come with digital magazines(!) and some mags don't allow page printing. If they do there would be an icon to allow this. (There is, which if my email had been read correctly he would have realised.

Tried my iPad. The 'DVD' plays fine so that's OK. But the screen has a black patch covering about a quarter of the screen to the right in landscape or the bottom of the screen in portrait. It is the space where the little  'pages' would show, as a tap brings them up but a second tap just produces the black patch. I suspect it's to do with the latest ios 9.1.

I emailed all this info. to Pocketmags at the beginning of the week but no reply.

Does anyone else get these issues?

PC is Win 10 fully updated. 

• RMweb Premium

Solved one part of the problem. Streaming only works using the 'online reader', not the 'offline reader', despite it being linked to the net.

So, tried printing online. The page select is hopeless, impossible to select an exact page, just parts of one part of the two pages visible onscreen. I tried pressing print, nothing happens.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been subscribing to several magazines a month for nearly 2 years now.

Why? Storage space in my flat is full.

However, I am so unimpressed with various issues with Pocketmags that I am going back to subsciption and having the mags delivered.

After all, the saving is about a pint over 5 mags, spread that over a month and it's not worth the hassle of playing Russian Roulette as to whether your electronic edition is going to be available or readable without loading the reader again. I've done this more than a dozen times.

Gave up talking to Pocketmags, their advice was useless usually.

Archived