Exciting modeller relevant materials

It being Binday tomorrow in our locale, I have been doing my duty with the sorting for disposal and recycling.

Discovery, a swing tag from 'Atelier Gardeur', resulting from one of my wife's purchaes in the recent sales. A nice tough soft waxy material of about credit card thickness that looks just right for holding body sides off chassis locations when trying to persuade a clip fit body to release its grip on its undercrackers. The appeal is that it is a softer and more shapeable material than the plastic of credit cards, and therefore much less likely to gouge paint off the body side when old fumble fingers doesn't quite hit the spot.

Also some very black squid ink spaghetti, which must have been a gift as we certainly would not have bought it, and she has a declared intention of not eating! Now to me, it looks like black painted cast iron downpipe, suitable for 4mm commercial and 7mm residential applications. Any interest?

....Also some very black squid ink spaghetti, which must have been a gift as we certainly would not have bought it, and she has a declared intention of not eating! Now to me, it looks like black painted cast iron downpipe, suitable for 4mm commercial and 7mm residential applications. Any interest?

Surely that stuff will decompose? Might your layout then attract flies?

Also some very black squid ink spaghetti, which must have been a gift as we certainly would not have bought it, and she has a declared intention of not eating! Now to me, it looks like black painted cast iron downpipe, suitable for 4mm commercial and 7mm residential applications. Any interest?

To modellers of Italian railways in the main, I should imagine. :-)

Archived