David Haarhaus confirmed as MD of Bachmann Europe plc

Andy Y

New Managing Director for Bachmann Europe Plc

Kader Industrial Holding Plc wish to announce the appointment of David Haarhaus as Managing Director of its subsidiary Bachmann Europe Plc. David assumes the position upon the recent retirement of Graham Hubbard, who became Managing Director in 1989.

Kader Chairman Mr Kenneth Ting said “All of us in the Kader family are delighted that one of our long standing employees has accepted the challenge of taking Bachmann Europe forward into a new and exciting era. We wish David every success in his new role, and have no doubt that his energy and experience will continue to maintain our standing within the industry”

David responded “It is a great honour to accept this position and build upon the solid foundations that Graham laid over 26 years ago. I am looking forward to guiding our wonderful team through the coming years, to provide our customers and collectors with world beating model and hobby products.

David Haarhaus has been involved in the model retail business since 1989 when he worked as a Saturday staff member at model retailers Beatties at their Lewisham Branch. After studying economics and business, he later transferred to a new Beatties store in Bromley, eventually becoming store manager. Promotion to Buyer at Beatties head office in Hemel Hempstead followed where David was responsible for group purchasing of plastic kits, model railways, tools and accessories. It was during this time that David became a customer of Bachmann. A move to parent company Richard Kohnstam’s head office followed, where David became responsible for procurement of LGB, Tamiya and Lima products.

With the Bachmann company expanding after its first ten years in business, David was persuaded by then Managing Director Graham Hubbard to join him as Sales Manager. David subsequently became Sales & Marketing Director, before being appointed Managing Director.

David continued “My sincere thanks to Graham and all of those people that have supported me and our company over the years. I am thrilled to be given the privilege of managing the team of dedicated and hard-working people that run Bachmann Europe Plc. It is a fantastic company, and we wish to remain and flourish as a core supplier of quality model and hobby products to model shops and hobby stores around the world for many years to come”.

David and the Bachmann Europe team are looking forward to meeting our retail customers at the forthcoming trade shows and our consumers at the London Festival of Railway modelling where we shall launch our new exhibition stand and offer a warm welcome to members of the Bachmann Collectors Club.

• RMweb Gold

Pleasing to see an internal promotion to the top job. In stark contrast to so many these days, where a new FD is brought in to squeeze the pips a little tighter, while knowing and caring little about the longer term.

Recent new faces in UK RTR manufacturing have rocked the Bachmann/Hornby duopoly a little, so this is a challenging time for all.

Congratulations to David.

I've met him on numerous occasions and is a 'good egg'.

I bumped into him in an airport lounge in Hong Kong, in Chicago, and even more bizarrely in Northern Germany at a military airfield!

He knows the business and will be a very safe and capable pair of hands for Bachmann Europe.

A great announcement, not just for Bachmann, but for the hobby as a whole i think.

cheers

Dave

Very nice to see essentially one of our own achieve a top position. I remember meeting David and his father on a Deltic rail tour a few years back. In a corporate world of transiant suits, it is reassuring that at least in this industry, experience from the shop floor upwards and knowledge of the subject actually count for something.

Best wishes to David and all the Bachmann team in what must be challenging times.

Archived