RMweb

Bachmann Class 08 Motor Problem

MrWhippyO

Apologies if this is in the wrong place.

Recently, my Bachmann Class 08 has developed a knocking noise as it runs. It's very difficult to describe but having removed the body and released the motor from it's cradle it is coming from the motor turning over. It causes the loco to jerk as it is running on the sloest step making a loud knock as the motor. I'm not sure if this is the motor stating to give up? If I hold the motor between my fingers you can feel a sort of tapping coming from inside?

Any help would be really appreciated!

James

Guest spet0114

I'd go to Bach for a spare in your shoes. Double quick if still in warranty...

I'd imagine that going double quick with a spare motor in your shoes would be quite painful....

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies if this is in the wrong place.

Recently, my Bachmann Class 08 has developed a knocking noise as it runs. It's very difficult to describe but having removed the body and released the motor from it's cradle it is coming from the motor turning over. It causes the loco to jerk as it is running on the sloest step making a loud knock as the motor. I'm not sure if this is the motor stating to give up? If I hold the motor between my fingers you can feel a sort of tapping coming from inside?

Any help would be really appreciated!

James

Sounds llike part of the magnet has broken off.

Archived