Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Fitting brake rigging supplied for Bachmann models

Hello I hope this is the right place for this question.
With regard to the brake rigging that is supplied by Bachmann for the modeller to fit.
The items concerned are the BR Mk1 horse box as supplied byTMC, the BR MK1 CCT, and the recent BR (ex SR ) PMV .First is there a right way up to mount the rigging??
All have the same fittings - that clip into small holes in the rear of the brake blocks - the question is do they fit ABOVE the axles? i.e.  between them and the vehicle floor, or do they go BELOW the axles?  I have looked through several articles on here, but have not yet found a definitive answer!
I hope someone can enlighten me...
Thank you. SIGTECH (Steve).

Hello Phil, thanks for the "heads-up on the PMV'S, still unsure about the other two -  I've seen the cattle truck model with the rigging between the wagon floor and the axles somewhere.... don't know if this is correct? but I assume that as both the cattle truck and CCT are BR Mk1 vehicles they would be constructed the same....or not!!

Still very confused..

Regards

SIGTECH(Steve).

• RMweb Gold

Thank You Phil, it looks like I need to reposition the brake rigging on both my MK1 cattle wagon and the CCT, as I've fitted it above the axles on them...

Regards

SIGTECH (Steve).

Thank You Phil, it looks like I need to reposition the brake rigging on both my MK1 cattle wagon and the CCT, as I've fitted it above the axles on them...

Regards

SIGTECH (Steve).

Needless to say Bacchy's model is a little crude - post 150 in http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/26839-timcs-7mm-br-blue-workbench-jltrt-br-cct/page-6?&is probably nearer the real thing

Cheers

Phil

Archived