Dapol D63xx (00 gauge) electrics repairs- Help please

soony

Help please , Is there a circuit diagram of the PCB internal to the D63XX ( 4D-012-0XX series)  please . I have a "no white lights " at one end  of the chassis fault, although the opposite end shows correctly "white" or "red". I do have an ESU 621 chip fitted , but thats a red herring as I've tried with the correct blanking plug inserted on DC and its just the same. Removing the three wires that supply the lighting module ( red, orange, white) and applying 4,5V via a 1k resistor show the fault is not there.

Ive checked all the PCB tracks and measured all components with a meter , without reveailng any fault.

Dapol can't help with any replacement PCB, so I'm stuck with a 'dummy'.

Any ideas?

There is a lot of 'history' with the 'electrics' on Dapol's 63xx and quite a few Posts on a Dapol thread about lighting problems.  Within the last twelve months I bought an unused 63xx whose lights promptly failed. A little knowledge is dangerous because I then purchased a new blanking plate from DCC Supplies who are the stockist for Dapol's spares.  The replacement blanking plate was no better and the whole engine was posted off to DCC Supplies.  It was returned with yet another blanking plate and has continued to perform as might be expected.  I don't think anything was done to the main circuit boards - but who would know.

Regards

Ray

The first question I shall was it a new purchase or a second hand, as some of the early Dapol class 22s had 22pins where the DCC chip should go. 

Terry.

it WAS a new purchase some 3 or 4 years ago when it came out, and was placed on display in the "railway room" , err spare bedroom. I probably tested it on DC , but cant be 100% sure, Then it came off the shelf just before Christmas , and fitted with an ESU621 decoder. The fault was immediately obvious, so the DC blanking plug was replaced and powered off a Gaugemaster controller- the fault stayed. Because of its age, there doesnt seem to be any help anywhere.

I can see the whole gubbins being ripped out and a hardwired 8 pin , 4 function decoder being used.

EDIT. It has 21 pins on the PCB  and orientation matches the lettering printed on it.

As a further test, I've temporarily swopped the wiring end to end , and the lighting setups work OK, the fault staying with the main PCB- the DC blanking plug has also been changed with another out of a second class 22- still the same.

Edit2..

Since posting , I've carefully replaced all 6x M7 rectifiers ( just happened to have a few in a bandolier end of roll) thinking the fault was there...carefully checking that they originally had the right polarity, by comparing with a second working class 22.  still U/S

Archived